Yes, the title of this post reeks of Kardashian-ness but let’s roll with it. I like alliteration. Today I thought I’d share some things I’ve been doing and things I’ve found recently.
* A few people have asked if I still bake. The answer is yes, and when I do I still enjoy it. I haven’t been baking as much just for fun though. And when I do bake it’s mostly old favourites like kitchen sink cookies, Hawaiian carrot cake or vanilla cupcakes.
* My fascination with rainbows continues as I’m working on a scrappy quilt. I’ve been collecting squares since 2009 or 2010 and have finally finished the top.
Thanks to Leonie for supplying a couple of squares! I still love the look of simple patchwork quilts. Piecing them together is such a test of my patience and skills though. I do learn with every quilt I make but I doubt I’ll ever get to a point where I don’t see the flaws in my work. Quilting this one is going to take a while but I’m not in a hurry to finish it. I will finish it before starting another quilt though. Maybe.
* These greeting cards by La La Land are cute! I love cards and keep everyone I’ve been given. I’d have to double-check but I think I have kept the cards from each of my birthdays. I’m not a hoarder but I am pretty sentimental.
This year was the quietest birthday with three cards. Two of which were the same design coincidently. The card must really scream “Katie!” to my friends.
* I love so many of the prints by Inaluxe (made up of the talented Kristina Sostarko and Jason Odd), but this one is at the top of my wish list. It’d go so nicely with the print I already own. It’s pretty much my style in a nutshell – simple, colourful and a little retro.
* Ballarat Patchwork is closing down so all stock is 40% off. That’s a great deal! But stock is selling fast. The Remnant Warehouse in Sydney is having a sale later this week.
* I saw Pink in concert last week. Yes, I do go to concerts that don’t feature Bon Jovi. (Just not very often.) This lady knows how to put on a show. And she can sing. While upside down. Her up-tempo songs are great for running but I think I enjoy her ballads most. Pink did a cover of Cyndi Lauper’s Time After Time and Chris Issack’s Wicked Game. “Amaze” as the kids say these days. Although “the kids” probably weren’t born when either of those songs were first released. Goodness, I must be a grown-up after all.
That’s all from me and my kitchen for now,