Does crochet dreadlocks damage hair?
Using a crochet hook that is too large can cause more damage and hair breakage, however, if it’s too small, it can be very frustrating. Typically, 0.4 mm and 0.5 mm crochet hooks work very well.
Should I crochet my dreads wet or dry?
Crochet hook maintenance should be done on dry hair only. Dry hair is less susceptible to breakage because keratin protein — the stuff hair and nails are made of — is more durable when dry.
What are the do’s and don’ts of locs?
Dos and Don’ts for Locks (Part 1)
- Do: moisturize. I decided to mention this first because it is so important. …
- Do: let your locks air dry. …
- Don’t: try too hard to pick out the lint from your locks. …
- Don’t: pull off the buds from the end of your locks. …
- Don’t: apply oils as a moisturizer.
How can I maintain my dreads myself?
Tips to keep your dreadlocks looking good
- Apply hair fertiliser daily to strengthen and nourish the hair.
- Apply a sheen spray to your dreadlocks three times a week for maximum shine.
- Use an uplifting shampoo (it exfoliates the scalp) once a month to reduce flakes and relieve itching.