What oil can I use on my weave?
Apply a small amount of Argan, Almond or Coconut oil 2-3 times a week or when required. Argan oil is a great finishing oil for styling and frizz, however its a dry oil and does not moisturise the hair as well as Almond or Coconut.
Is tea tree oil bad for hair extensions?
1) Wash with Care
Natural shampoos with tea tree oil or mint extracts can restore and moisturize your skin, reducing flakiness and irritation. Keeping your scalp free of oily buildup will keep your hair extensions looking great for longer.
How do I stop my weave from frizzing?
Apply a smoothing serum to the weave after washing. Then run straighteners through it to combat any frizz. Reduce the amount of frizz in your weave by always using styling instruments like dryers or straighteners on low heat. If you have the heat too high it will damage, burn and split your weave.
Wash with moisturizing hair care products every 1-2 weeks. This step is very important when you are using micro link hair extensions. … You can use oil for the hair tips sometimes too.
What should you not put in hair extensions?
What Not to Use on Hair Extensions
- Sulphate shampoos. First and foremost, don’t use sulphate shampoos on your clip in hair extensions, or any extensions for that matter. …
- Bleach. Bleach is also a product not to use on clip in hair extensions. …
- Normal bristle brushes. …
- Products containing alcohol.
How do I bring my weave back to life?
Soak it for 20 minutes in 4 parts water and 1 part apple cider vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar has a lower pH level than your weave, so soaking the weave in vinegar helps restore pH balance and reseal the hair’s cuticles.
- Don’t worry about the smell!
How can I make my weave silky again?
Give the human hair weave a conditioning treatment by applying a natural oil such as coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil or grape-seed oil along the entire length. Alternatively, apply the moisturizing conditioner to the hair. Leave either the oil or conditioner in the hair for 30 minutes under a shower cap.
How do you get rid of split ends on weave?
How To Prevent And Avoid Split Ends?
- Trimming. If you notice that your human hair weave has split ends get a professional to trim the tips off. …
- Moisturise Your Hair. This might seem weird but washing your hair more than you should, can cause split ends. …
- Drying. …
- Combing and Brushing. …
- Less Heat.
How can I treat my weave at home?
Mix 3 parts water with 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar in a larger bowl and fully immerse your extensions. Leave the rinse in for 45 minutes to 1 hour and then rinse it out with water. Proceed to deep condition the hair.
How do you keep your weave moisturized?
Spritz a light leave-in conditioner over your weave from root to tip. Run your hands over the hair to distribute the product. A light conditioner moisturizes without weighing down the hair. Avoid using heavy creams or butters as these can cause your weave to look oily and dirty.