What is the best yarn to use to make pom poms?
Smooth silk yarn is best for making medium-size pom-poms, such as the ones on the lampshade. The yarn is soft and becomes a pompom that is drapey and a little loose.
What material do you use to make pom poms?
Here’s what you are going to need to make your pom poms.
- Yarn of choice.
- Cardboard (I used cardboard from a cereal box)
- Scissors – the less bulky they are, the easier time you will have getting them under the yarn and cutting, also, make sure they are sharp enough to cut yarn, no safety scissors.
How do you keep pom poms Fluffy?
How to Fluff Your Pom Poms
- Unpackage your new poms. …
- Shake them out. …
- Take a few strands in your hand and starting at the unattached end, scrunch them up. …
- Continue Step 3 until you’ve scrunched all the strands. …
- Repeat above on your second pom pom.
- Repeat the process anytime your pom poms start to look a little flat.
How do you make pom poms with toilet paper rolls?
How to Make Pom Poms with Yarn and Toilet Paper Rolls
- STEP 1 Wrap Yarn. Holding the toilet paper rolls together with one hand, wrap the yarn around them with your other hand. …
- STEP 2 Tie. When you are finished wrapping, cut the yarn of the roll. …
- STEP 3 Cut. …
- STEP 4 Fluff and Trim. …
- STEP 5 Tie to package.
How many times do you wrap for a pom-pom?
How many times you wrap the yarn around your fingers will depend on how big you want the pompom to be: If you are using two fingers, wrap the yarn 100 to 125 times. If you are using three fingers, wrap the yarn 125 to 150 times. The more you wrap, the bigger and thicker your pompom is going to be.
How do you size a pom pom?
To make a pom-pom, cut two circles of cardboard, the diameter depends on the size of the pom-pom to be made, and should be equal to the size of the finished pom-pom plus approximately ½” for trimming, plus the diameter of the centre hole.