How do you knit the edges of folding?
How to Knit: Folded Picot Edge
- Cast on the required number of stitches. …
- Next row: Facing WS, *yo, k2tog, rep from *. …
- Work in stockinette stitch for the same number of rows as before the eyelet row (3 or 5).
- Facing WS, fold the piece at the eyelet row. …
- The picot edge is finished.
What are the terms in knitting?
Terms and Abbreviations Used in Knitting Patterns
|BO||bind off (cast off)|
|skp||-slip 1, knit 1, pass the slipped stitch over (a decrease)|
|s2kp||-slip 2, knit 1, pass the 2 slipped stitches over (a double decrease)|
|sk2p||-slip 1, k2tog, pass the slipped stitch over (a double decrease)|
How do you knit a ribbed collar?
Ribbed patterns are made by knitting one stitch, purling one stitch and then repeating that pattern all the way around the neck. Knit a band twice as wide as the desired collar, and bind the stitches off in pattern. Fold it over to the inside of the neck and stitch the top of the band to the base.