What is a knitting bee?
Welcome to knitting Bee, an amazing website that is full of thousands of free premium quality knitting patterns and original knitting stitches.
How do you French knit with your fingers?
Finger “French Knitting”
- grab a ball of yarns, your fingers 😉 with no ring.
- Make a loop. …
- Hold the loop with your left thumb and middle finger. …
- Grab the yarn coming from the ball.
- Pull this loop through.
- Pull both ends with your left hand to make a knot..
- Here is your first stitch.
- Place it on your left thumb.
Who invented French knitting?
The basis of his machine was the Elizabethan “stocking frame”, invented c. 1589 by a Nottingham vicar,Rev. William Lee, to help his wife knit stockings. It worked a bit like “french knitting”, where children make a knitted tube by winding wool round nails on top of a cotton reel.