Creating A Chair Slipcover Without Sewing
What can I use as a chair cover?
Using Pillowcases to Cover Dining Room Chairs
- 2 pillowcases per chair.
- Measuring tape or ruler.
- Drill or screwdriver.
- Fabric scissors.
- Staple gun.
- Ribbon and/or decorative pins (optional)
How do you make chair covers out of sheets?
How to Make Chair Covers With Sheets
- Drape the sheet over the chair. …
- Pinch one side, and safety pin it from top to bottom down the side. …
- Place ribbon around the base of the chair where the backing meets the seat. …
- Wrap the ribbon around that base and tie a large bow in the back.
How do you drape a fabric chair?
Insert the top of a strip of fabric into the crease between the backrest and the seat. Pull the fabric taut and tuck the bottom end under the front of the seat cushion. Repeat with each of the other seat cushions. Again, alternate colors or use a single material.
How do you make pillowcase chair covers?
Dining Chair Covers
- Wash and dry the pillowcase.
- Iron the freshly washed pillowcase.
- Place the open end of the pillowcase onto the back of the chair.
- Cut a ribbon or string made of a color coordinating with the pillowcase.
Why is it called a slipper chair?
A slipper chair is a medium to large upholstered occasional chair that lacks arms and sits low to the ground. These high-back chairs got their name during the Victorian era, when they were used to comfortably seat high-class women while they put on their shoes or slippers.
How do you reupholster a chair without removing old fabric?
Bear in mind that if there’s only one cover on the cushion, you can recover the chair without even removing the old fabric; simply lay the new fabric over the old. When dealing with a cushion that has more than one cover, however, take off the top layer by drawing out the staples that hold it in place.
Can you use a fitted sheet as a chair cover?
Most fitted twin sheets are the perfect size to cover an armchair. If you’re not handy with a sewing machine, you can still make your cover look perfectly tailored with a little creative tucking and a package of safety pins.
How do you cover an armchair with a fitted sheet?
Lay the sheet over the couch and run your hands over the sheet to smooth out any wrinkles. Then, tuck the sheet into the couch’s corners to secure it. Be sure to leave enough material for the front and sides. Push the fabric tacks through the bed sheets and into the couch in spots where they are not noticeable.