How do I get my weave back silky?
Soak it for 20 minutes in 4 parts water and 1 part apple cider vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar has a lower pH level than your weave, so soaking the weave in vinegar helps restore pH balance and reseal the hair’s cuticles.
- Don’t worry about the smell!
Why do weaves get tangled?
When your hair extensions are wet, it is better to use a wide-toothed comb to comb from the bottom and on up. Hair extensions tend to get tangled the most at the ends due to knots. These knots appear when the hair hasn’t been brushed or combed in several hours or days.
Why does my weave keeps matting?
If your hair extensions are matting through the lengths this could be because: The hair extensions are non remy and therefore the cuticle is damaged. The hair extensions have become dry and frizzy causing it is tangle more easily. The hair extensions have lost their natural oils and are therefore more difficult to …
How do I keep my weave silky and shiny?
- Use silicon serum / spray in your hair to keep it silky, shiny, and tangle free. …
- Brush your wig / weave twice a day, starting at the tips. …
- Wash your hair at least once a week. …
- Never sleep with wet or damp hair.
- We recommend air drying your hair. …
- Spray leave-in conditioner and brush gently.
How do I revive my weave when installed?
For the purpose of revival, we recommend grabbing a moisture-based conditioner like Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner or Aussie Mega Moist Conditioner. Saturate the strands with product, then use your wide-tooth comb to evenly distribute the product throughout your hair.
How do I stop my weave from being frizzy?
Apply a smoothing serum to the weave after washing. Then run straighteners through it to combat any frizz. Reduce the amount of frizz in your weave by always using styling instruments like dryers or straighteners on low heat. If you have the heat too high it will damage, burn and split your weave.
How do I stop my weave from tangling?
Tips to Avoid Tangling
Packing the hair with moisture is a great way to get rid of frizz and avoid tangling. However, you should avoid over moisturizing the hair as product buildup can further damage your weave. Use a gentle shampoo to wash your hair. Do not rub the weave when washing.