How do you use the word embroidery?
Embroider in a Sentence
- I had my mother embroider my initials on my jacket so none of the other kids would take it home.
- Because she learned to embroider as a child, the elderly woman had lots of experience sewing patterns on cloth.
What are the examples of embroidery?
Embroidery is defined as the art of decorating fabrics using a needle and thread, or cloth that has been embroidered. When you sew your initials into a pillowcase in order to decorate it and make it prettier, this is an example of embroidery. A needlepoint picture of a house is an example of embroidery.
What is the meaning of hand embroidery?
noun. Embroidery done by hand; a piece of this.
What is the verb for embroidery?
transitive verb. 1a : to ornament with needlework. b : to form with needlework. 2 : to elaborate on : embellish embroider a story.
What is the process of embroidery?
Embroidery is the process is turning graphic design into needle and thread art for application to the fabric. These designs can be simple, single colour or multi-colour intricate pieces of art. If the fabric can be laid flat then it can be embroidered.
What are the six basic kinds of embroidery?
6 Basic Embroidery Stitches For Beginners
- Running Stitch. This is a basic stitch. …
- Back Stitch. The back stitch creates a solid line so it is good for text or outline a design. …
- Split Stitch. …
- Satin Stitch. …
- French Knot. …
- Lazy Daisy/ Chain Stitch.
How is embroidery used today?
Today, embroidery is most often seen on caps, hats, coats, blankets, dress shirts, denim, stockings, and golf shirts. Embroidery is available with a wide variety of thread or yarn color. … Many techniques had a practical use such as Sashiko from Japan, which was used as a way to reinforce clothing.